Spotted Frog Preschool is a provider of 20 hours ECE Early Childhood Education for three, four, and five year old children.
About 20 hours (ECE)
- The purpose of 20 Hours ECE is to reduce cost barriers so more children can benefit from participation in ECE (early childhood education).
- 20 Hours ECE is a higher rate of funding based on the full average cost of providing ECE to the regulated standard.
- Under 20 Hours ECE, the government fully funds ECE for up to 6 hours a day and 20 hours per week for eligible children.
- While it is not compulsory to offer 20 Hours ECE, all licensed ECE services and kōhanga reo can offer 20 Hours ECE.
What is the eligibility for 20 hours ECE?
- Eligibility for 20 hours ECE begins on the child’s third birthday and ends on the child’s sixth birthday.
- 20hours ECE is available for up to six hours per day for a maximum of 20 hours per week.
How are fees charged?
- The fees charged will only be for the hours not covered by the provision of 20 hours ECE
- View all fees
How do I apply?
- Hours requested by the parent for 20 hours ECE forms part of the Enrolment Form.
- Parents will be given a form to sign for ECE hours if your child turns 3 while attending and fees will change in accordance to this.
Need more info on ECE?